Terms & Conditions
General Terms and Conditions Gift Vouchers of Rockhal – Etablissement Public Centre de Musiques Amplifiées
These terms and conditions form your agreement in relation to your Rockhal Gift Voucher that you have purchased or received (“Voucher”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you use your voucher. If there is anything you do not understand or do not agree with, please contact Rockhal’s Ticket Service per mail at tickets(at)rockhal.lu or by phone +352 24 555 555.
1. About your Card
- Your voucher is issued by Rockhal, – Etablissement Public Centre de Musiques Amplifiées, registered in 5, avenue du Rock’n’Roll, L-4361 Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg („Rockhal“) with the VAT registration number LU 20508933.
- The Voucher contains the monetary value which was paid, in advance, at the point of purchase. It is not a credit card, charge card, cheque guarantee card, or debit card and the balance on your Voucher will not earn any interest.
- Your Voucher is valid for 36 months from the date of purchase.
- It is non-refundable and non-returnable, except in accordance with your legal rights, for example if the Voucher is faulty or in accordance with clause 5. You cannot cancel your Voucher. Refunds can only be made to the purchaser of the Voucher.
- Your Voucher has no cash redemption value and cannot be exchanged for cash, nor can any cash advance be made on any portion of the value that was loaded onto your Voucher at the time of purchase.
- You cannot exchange your Voucher for a different denomination or type of Gift Voucher. Once the monetary value loaded onto your Voucher at the time of purchase has been used, the Voucher cannot be reloaded.
- A Voucher will not be re-issued unless that Voucher is faulty or damaged as a result of the production process or otherwise due to the fault of Rockhal.
2. Voucher purchase and activation
- You can purchase a Voucher online at www.rockhal.lu.
3. What can you buy with your Voucher?
- The Voucher can only be used to buy tickets for events that are organized by the Rockhal. But the Voucher can also be used for events organized by external organizers in case Rockhal has been allocated tickets to sell via Rockhal’s ticketing system (ETIX).
- You cannot use your Voucher to buy tickets for events that are not being sold via Rockhal’s own ticketing system (ETIX).
- No change will be given on purchases made with your Voucher, but any unspent portion of the value loaded onto the Voucher at the time of purchase will remain available for future use, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Where can you use your Voucher?
- Your Voucher can be redeemed in part or in full online at www.rockhal.lu or at the box office.
- You cannot redeem your Voucher on any websites other than www.rockhal.lu even if they are websites that are linked to, or referenced on it.
- Your Voucher may only be used to make purchases up to the value loaded onto the Voucher at the time of purchase, however a payment for Rockhal products can be made partly using the Voucher and partly by other accepted payment methods (for example credit cards). In respect of online purchases at www.rockhal.lu, the full value of any unused funds remaining on the Voucher must be exhausted before another payment method will be accepted in respect of the remaining value of the transaction.
- When using your Voucher for online transactions you will need the 8 digit security number written on the reverse of the Voucher in order to complete the transaction.
- You agree that Rockhal can reduce the amount of value on your Voucher by the value of all purchases of Rockhal products that are authorised by you. You authorize a transaction in providing details of the Gift Voucher as required by a Rockhal customer services representative or the Rockhal website.
- When you authorise a transaction:
- you are confirming that you agree to pay the purchase price of the Rockhal product(s) obtained; and
- you are agreeing to pay that purchase price by way of a reduction in the value that was loaded on your Voucher at the time of its purchase.
5. Consumer rights
- If you have purchased your Voucher online and are contracting as a consumer the following consumer rights apply.
- You can cancel your Voucher purchase and receive a full refund of the price paid for a period of seven working days beginning the working day after you receive an order confirmation from Rockhal in respect of your Voucher purchase. Rockhal will also refund any delivery charges. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Voucher to Rockhal, if we request it.
- To cancel your Voucher purchase, please contact Customer Services on 00352 24 555 555. You will need to quote the order number given to you at time of purchase, which can be found in your order confirmation email.
6. Voucher expiry
- You are entitled to use your Voucher to purchase Rockhal products for a period of 36 months from the date of purchase of the Voucher.
- Once 36 months have passed since the date of purchase of the Voucher, you will not be able to use your Voucher again (even if all or part of the value loaded at the time of purchase remains on the Voucher), and nor will you be able to claim a refund of any unused value remaining on the Card.
- Upon expiry of the Voucher any unused value remaining on the Voucher is lost.
7. Check your balance
You can check the amount of unused funds you have left on your Voucher by calling 00352 24 555 555, or contacting us by email at tickets(at)rockhal.lu.
8. Voucher security
- You should treat the Voucher as if it were cash. If you lose your Voucher it will not be replaced and you will lose any unused funds on it in just the same way as if you lost your wallet.
- Your Voucher number and the three digit security number should be kept secret at all times and should not be disclosed to anyone other than to Rockhal.
9. Right to terminate, cancel or refuse a transaction
- Rockhal may terminate this agreement, cancel your Voucher, or refuse a transaction if we suspect the Voucher is being used fraudulently, or in an unauthorised or illegal manner, or if we have reason to believe that you are in breach of a material obligation of this agreement. In any cases where such termination is not based on culpable activity on your part Rockhal will refund any unused funds to you.
- If we need to investigate a transaction on the Voucher then you must cooperate with us, the police and any other authorised body requiring your co-operation.
- Rockhal can cancel any Voucher and/or terminate this agreement and refund any unused funds to you at any time if we give you 30 days' notice. The Voucher remains our property.
10. Your personal data
11. Limitation of liability
- You are responsible for the use and security of your Voucher and you are liable for all transactions for which your Voucher is used (except to the extent of any fraud or negligence by Rockhal or any employee of Rockhal). If your Voucher is lost or stolen, or you suspect it has been used for a transaction that you have not authorised, report this immediately by calling 00352 24 555 555 or by email at tickets(at)rockhal.lu.
- Rockhal will not accept liability for Vouchers that are lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission, unless Rockhal has caused this by its negligence.
- Rockhal shall not be liable for loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings; loss of data or use of data; or consequential, special or indirect loss or damage; even if it has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- To the extent permitted by law, Rockhal will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (either direct or consequential), nor be in default under these Terms and Conditions, for any failure to perform any of its obligations in relation to the Voucher which is caused by an event that could not reasonably be controlled or prevented. These events include acts of God, acts or omissions of government or their agencies, strikes or other industrial action, fire, flood, storm, riots, power shortages or failures, or disruption by war, and other acts or omissions of third parties.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement, Rockhal shall have no liability to you beyond the amount of unused funds which remain on the Voucher on the earlier of the date on which: (a) the Voucher is cancelled by Rockhal; or (b) this agreement is terminated by Rockhal; or (c) the Voucher expires.
- Nothing in this agreement seeks to exclude or limit any liability for:
(a) intent or gross negligence; (b) death or personal injury caused by negligence; (c) fraudulent misrepresentation; (d) any claims under the Product Liability Act); (e) any assumed guarantee; or (f) any other type of liability which cannot by law be excluded or limited.
Rockhal may change the terms and conditions of this agreement at any time by posting an amended version on www.rockhal.lu for one or more of the following reasons:
- to reflect the introduction or development of new systems, methods of operation, services or facilities (including, without limitation, the addition or removal of goods or services that may be purchased with the voucher;
- to reflect a change or an expected change in market conditions, general good practice or the cost of providing services to our customers;
- to comply with any contract, law, regulation or order binding on Rockhal;
- to conform with or anticipate any changes in the law or taxation, any codes of practice or recommendations of any regulatory body;
- to ensure that our business is run prudently and remains competitive;
- to take account of a ruling by a court, ombudsman, regulator or similar body having legal or commercial jurisdiction over Ticketmaster;
- to make the terms and conditions of this agreement fairer or clearer for you;
- to rectify any mistake that might be discovered in due course; or
- by agreement with you.
If such change of the terms and conditions of this agreement leads to a material change of your rights or obligations under this agreement, you are entitled to terminate the agreement.
- Any delay or failure to exercise any right or remedy under this agreement by Rockhal shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy or preclude its exercise at any subsequent time.
- If any provision of this agreement is deemed unenforceable or illegal, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
- We may assign our rights and benefits at any time without prior written notice to you. We may subcontract any of our obligations under this agreement.
- No third party who is not a party to this agreement has a right to enforce any of the provisions of this agreement.
- This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Luxembourg law under exclusion of the United Nations Convention for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). You irrevocably agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Luxembourg in relation to any claim or matter arising out of or in connection with this agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
14. Contacting Customer Services
If you need assistance, you can contact Customer Services by telephoning 00352 24 555 555 during our office hours from Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 1 PM and from 2 PM to 6 PM, by postal letter to Rockhal – Centre de Musiques Amplifiées, 5, avenue du Rock’n’Roll, L-4361 Esch sur Alzette, or by email to tickets(at)rockhal.lu.